Loading... Please wait...

Join Newsletter

Immigration Attorney Waverley Madden

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Attorney Waverley Madden

Select Consultation Type
Receive Answers by Email or during a Phone Consultation:

email consultation 15 minutes phone consultation 30 minutes phone consultation

Response within 2 days ($89)

Confidential Consultation ($89)

Confidential Consultation ($149)

Waverley Madden, Esq.

Ms. Waverley Madden is the founder of Madden Law Firm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and is admitted to practice Law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Ms. Waverley Madden specializes in the following practice areas: Immigration, Bankruptcy, Entertainment, Business, and Family law.

Prior to establishing Madden Law Firm, P.C., Ms. Madden worked as an attorney at the immigration law firm of Tom & Associates in Montreal, Canada; after that, she assisted individuals in sponsoring family relatives to immigrate to the United States. Ms. Madden developed the firm's immigration practice, advising clients on current legal issues in business and family immigration, and the practical application of the law in various employment situations. She helped corporate clients in obtaining appropriate non-immigrant business and work visas for foreign employees. She has personal experience dealing with the Immigration process in the United States. She is a member of AILA, American Immigration Lawyers Association. Besides her law degree she is also a licensed Notary Public.

This immigration attorney can assist clients and answer questions online about several immigration cases, especially family-based sponsorships. She speaks English and French, and also has fluent Spanish speakers on her staff to assist clients in Spanish.

Sample Questions and Answers from Waverley Madden, Esq.:

Question: Dear Immigration Lawyer, I am an American currently living in England and have been married to a British citizen for 1 year and a half. We would like to move to the U.S., my question is how can I obtain a Green Card for my wife so we can move to the U.S. together?

Answer: In order to obtain a green card for your wife you would have to petition for her to come to the United States.

Question: Should I apply for a Green Card at the U.S. consulate in London?

Answer: It depends, if you are willing to live apart, you can come to the U.S. and file for her from here. Otherwise, you can file it with the appropriate consular office overseas. This will probably be the U.S. consulate in London.

Question: or is better if we travel to the U.S. without a green card so she can enter with the visa waiver program as a tourist, and once inside of the U.S. apply for a Green Card for my wife?

Answer: Your wife cannot enter the country as a tourist, as this is a violation of immigration laws. A tourist visa in and of itself suggests that the holder of the visa intends to return to their home country. If she enters on a tourist visa with the intent to remain in the U.S. her green card application may be denied.

Question: I heard that if we apply for a Green Card before being married for at least 2 years, her green card will be conditional and then we would have to adjust her status later once we are married for at least 2 years? Is this true?

Answer: Yes, this is true. The government instituted the conditional green card a few years ago to stem the tide of sham marriages. A non-American spouse is entitled to the permanent green card if married to a U.S. spouse for more than 2 years.

Question: Should I wait to apply for her green card in London, until we are married for at least 2 years so that her green card will be permanent? or even by applying now that we only have been married for 1 year and a half, her Green Card will actually be permanent?

Answer: You can wait if you want to save on filing fees. However if your marriage is legitimate will receive the permanent green card eventually. 

Work Experience

Richards, Layton & Finger, P.A.: Corporate Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. Delaware Attorney General's Office: Assistant Deputy Attorney General in the Family Services Divisions. Tom & Associates: Immigration Law Practice. District of Columbia Superior Court: Judicial Intern for the Honorable Natalia Combs-Greene. United States Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.: Intern in the Federal Facilities Division of the Office of Enforcement and Compliance. Howard University School of Law: Research Assistant to Distinguished Civil Rights Scholar Dr. J. Clay Smith, Jr.

Law Degrees and Education

Howard University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2002; in Washington DC. McGill University, Bachelor of Social Work with a Minor in Women's Studies (Cum Laude), 1999, in Montreal Canada.
Ms. Madden earned her law degree from the Howard University School of Law (Washington, D.C.) in 2002 and received the school's Excellence award for her service as Articles Editor for the Social Justice Law Review. She was a member of the International Moot Court Team. In 1999, Ms. Madden graduated cum laude from McGill University School of Law in Montreal, Canada with a Bachelor of Social Work and a Minor in Women’s Studies. While at McGill she made the Dean's Honor's Roll, received the McGill Alumnae Society Award, and the Jackie Robinson Scholarship for Academic Achievement. Ms. Madden earned a degree in Languages and Literature, cum laude, from Vanier College in Montreal, Canada in 1996 with an International Studies Certificate.

» Mme Madden peut répondre vos questions sur l'Immigration américain en français. Elle peut aussi fournir des réponses en français.» Waverley Madden can answer your questions about U.S. immigration and other related issues:

  • General immigration law practice and immigration procedures especially family related.
  • U.S. Visa Questions including U.S. Education, Business, Jobs and Investment.
  • Green Card, U.S. Citizenship and Passport Questions.
  • Immigration Questions including Marriage, Fiancé visas, and Relatives.
  • You can submit questions in English, French or Spanish.


All information provided will stay private and confidential. Select Consultation Type and Submit your Questions:


Immigration FAQs

  1. U.S. Citizenship Questions
  2. Green Card Questions
  3. U.S. Visa Questions
  4. U.S. Passport Questions
  5. U.S. Education Questions
  6. Immigration Forms
  7. Jobs, Business & Finance
  8. Government Agencies
  9. Immigration Questions including Case Status and Change of Address
Answers to FAQs are not based on a specific case, were not written by an attorney and are provided for informational purposes only.

Ask Lawyer

Submit questions now to a U.S. Immigration Lawyer.
Receive answers by e-mail or during a phone consultation.

Submit Question to US Lawyer